Welcome to the most amazing house museum in America!
(or at least we think so)
We’re glad you stopped by! Take a look around and then stop for a visit!
We’re hiring! Take a look at the neato-spiffy job listing below and let us know if you want to work at our amazing museum!
The Crawford County Historical Society is looking to fill the position of Baldwin-Reynolds House Museum Summer Tour Guide. This position will report to the Museum Director and Assistant Director and will be part-time from Wednesday through Friday, 12pm-4pm with occasional extra hours as necessary.
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing the museum
- Serving as the front desk attendant-answering phones, taking messages, and providing information as needed
- Providing guided tours to a 170 year old historic site as well as accompanying outbuildings
- Acting as gift shop cashier during open hours including running a cash register
- Completing other tasks as requested during slow periods of operation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to multitask
- Must be able to go up and down several flights of stairs during the average day
- Will be expected to eventually memorize tour manual, so memorization skills are key
- High School Diploma required, Bachelors Degree or Degree in Progress preferred
Interested applicants should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or: The Crawford County Historical Society, ATTN: Joshua Sherretts- 411 Chestnut St, Meadville, PA 16335 by April 28, 2014.